Frequently Asked Questions

Question 1: I am outside the catchment area but will be moving into the catchment area before the start of the academic year. Will I still be considered out of area?
Yes, we take the address at point of application and not where you may move to should you be offered a place.
Question 2: I do not hold a British Passport or Birth Certificate, can I apply?
The School will accept applications from students who have the legal right to be a resident in the United Kingdom at the start of their study programme. We are unable to accept students residing in a non EU/EEA country who do not hold a British Passport or Birth Certificate. You will be asked to upload proof of eligibility.
Question 3: I will be over the age of 18 at the start of the school's academic year in 2025 can I still apply?
We are unable to accept any student that will be over the age of 18 at the start of the academic year.
Question 4: If I am not offered a place am I allow to go onto the waiting list or reserve list?
No, if you are not offered a place at the school or a place on the reserve list your application journey will finish.
Question 5: I am homeschooled, do I still have to provide a report?
Please provide any information you may have from your homeschool tutors.
Question 6: I am already in Year 12 can I still apply?
Yes, as long as you are under the age of 18 at the start of the academic year. You should supply a copy of your Year 11 report with your application.
Question 7: I have missed the published deadline, can I still submit an application?
Yes, you are able to submit an application after the deadline. However, this will go to a waiting list. There is no guarentee that this will be assessed.
Question 8: Can I apply for more than one Strand?
No, you should submit one application selecting one Strand.
Question 9: Are you able to accept applications for Post 16 students from students residing in Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, The Isle of Man and Channel Islands?
Unfortunately no. Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands have their own funding arrangements.
Question 10: Can I add a reference from my stage coach teacher, dance tutor?
By all means upload a reference from any outside clubs you may attend in the supporting documents area of the form. However, we do require an academic reference from your school. Without this information any decisions regarding your application will be delayed.
Question 11: Do you accept a Student Visa (formally known as a Tier 4 Visa)?
We do not hold a visa sponsor licence and we are unable to accept students on a Student Visa or a Tier 4 Visa.